Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Reform Ghana Prisons – Shatta Wale calls on government (Listen)



Ghanaian reggae/dancehall artiste, Charles Nii Armah Mensah popularly known as Shatta Wale in entertainment circles has demanded a reformation of Ghana’s prisons.

Shatta Wale was arrested on October 20, 2021, and charged for the publication of false news and causing fear and panic and remanded for 1 week to the Ankaful prison.

He was later granted bail on October 26, 2020, after he reappeared in court and pled not guilty of the charges levelled against him.


Soon after his release from the Ankaful Prison, the self-acclaimed dancehall king has released a song titled ‘Jail man’. In the song, he recounts the plight and suffering of inmates in the prisons which he experienced first-hand.

“Listen, most of my gees get life sentence
25 years life sentence
100 and plus life sentence
Oh Mawu, Oh Mawu, yeee
If I tell you no go believe
Remand for 5 years, 10 years

Government give respect to the border men
Because dem dey watch your borla
You for pay them well
So them go treat my people well
Attorney General, I greet you
IGP I greet you
All my judges I greet you
Too many boys dey for remand
Dem no get helping hand
CID no dey come oo
How them go go house”, the song sings.

Listen to the song: