Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fameye Crowned Chief (Check Out Details)




Henceforth, Ghanaian highlife musician Fameye would be known by the people of Wasa Traditional Area as ‘Wasa Nyankonton’ in the Western region of Ghana.

During the grand and joyous occasion, the chief announced that the enstoolment would acknowledge the musician for putting the community on the global map. The video, making rounds on social media, shows Fameye seated before the chief dressed in traditional regalia as a ceremonial sword rests in his lap.

The chief said, “… Because Fameye has exalted the name of Wasaman, Wasa and Bogoso. The name of my grandfather Nana Kwesi Sumbra II that I am giving to Fameye today amongst all musicians in Ghana is ‘Wasa Nyankonton’.”


Fameye also shared a few words with the gathering as he accepted his new role as a sub-divisional chief.

“I would like to thank the chief and his elders for this title and honour. I thank him so much and everyone gathered here.
I would like to say that This honour that has been bestowed upon me by the chief and his elders, I will make sure that they do not regret it. I would do everything to uplift the name of the community. I will also render help within my means to the youth for development.”